"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Happy National Dance Day!


Today is a special day. National Dance Day. Dance is everything to me, it does everything for me. It relaxes me. It expresses me. It helps me deal with things. I teaches me dedication. It provides my friends. It brings me closer to God. It does everything for me.

Here are 10 things I've learned from living in the dance world:

1. If you aren't dedicated, you'll never get anywhere.

2. Real friends will support you in whatever you are dedicated to.

3. You are going to have to deal with some awful and mean people, but you grow from them...

4. And you'll get to deal with some absolutely amazing people, which will help you grow as well...

5. You can learn amazing things from the littlest dancers.

6. You should always take EVERY opportunity to practice your craft, even if you aren't sure it will make a difference. You never know what you might learn.

7. Taking a short break as soon as you start to feel an injury the teeniest bit could save your dance career.

8. If something happens, and you lose your dance career, there are so many other things that you can still do. All things happen for a reason.

9. Nothing about being a dancer is easy...

10. ...But if you stick to it, it will pay off in abundant ways.







P.S. Sammy is having a give away on her blog! Check it out: http://sammysleuth.blogspot.com/p/3rd-birthday-giveaway.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine