"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Saturday, August 13, 2011

First Company Performance!

Woohoo! First performance, done and successful! We dance at a back-to-school fair at a Mall this afternoon, and it was great! All the dances were things from last year's Repetoire, so both my dances were from recital. In the picture above, we are doing the Character dance in the 'lovely' pink skirts...

It was REALLY hard to dance at the mall, the stage was super tiny, so we danced on the floor for some of the dances but it was still tight. I could hardly get through a little space (or window in dance terms!), and then on the next step the girl next to me accidently kicked me :P I know she didn't mean to, and it didn't hurt.

Then during tap, we had to do it ON the stage cause it's not nice to ruin the floor that wasn't made for dancing :). One of the girls next to me whispered to me that I should be careful because the floor was a bit slippery. I thought that was an understatement! I felt like I was gonna fall over the entire time! Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and I can't wait for the State Fair in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine