"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Piece of my Novel

“Yes, I just wish I could dance.” I said.

“Well try!” Nia suggested.

“Are you sure?”

“Go ahead!”

                I tried my hardest to do my favorite adagio, it wasn’t going very well, and when I got to the attitude promenade, I just gave up. Dancing felt good, but at the same time it didn’t.

                “See!” I shrugged “I can’t dance without bending my knee.”

                “But,” Nia began “You were envisioning it in your head, and it just did not transfer to your feet. But were you dancing from your heart? Were you envisioning it from your head down to you heart?” I thought about this for a moment. Yes! That is what made it feel good.

                “Yes, I suppose.”

                “And what about when you were little. You’ve told me about watching the older girls come about of the ballet studio in the afternoons. Surely you tried some of the steps that they did! Were you really truly dancing with your feet?”

                “No, I guess not.”

                “So you see. What were you doing?”

                “I was dancing from my head to my heart.”

                “Now you understand. That is where dancing begins.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine