"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Winter Jam 2011- Tour Spectacular!

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted! I been really busy, on Friday I went to a sleepover party, on Saturday I had to babysit, and on Sunday, I went to a concert! The concert, winter jam, was SUPER awesome! Winter Jam is a Christian Music concert that travels to 40 different cities, and is only $10 at the door! How cool is that? My dad always takes me and my younger brother (my older brother dislikes music, and my mom stays home with my brother). This year, the concert included Jason Castro, Chris August, Sidewalk Prophets, Red, Newsong, KJ-52, Francesca Battistelli, David Crowder Band, Kutless, and The Newsboys! So here are the concert highlights.

My Dad has a very good friend who works for Winter Jam, and gave us guest passes! That meant we got to go in and get seats an hour before the public. I stuck mine on my purse, and as you can see, it ripped :P

This is what the arena looked like when we went in! This picture only shows about 1\6 of the whole arena!

Then after a couple hours of sitting (and shopping at all the tables! You'll see what I got later), the show started! Jason Castro was first, then Chris August. Chris August was really good! He sang this really funny song about how he loves candy! This video is of him singing it at another show. Except, in the middle of when he did for us, a bunch of people ran out dressed up like M&M's, and through candy in the audience! (not my video)

After Sidewalk prophets sang, the real show started! Red was up first, and they were AMAZING!!! They were pretty loud, but as you can see, the had super cool effects! (not my picture)


Next up was Newsong, and then Francesca Battistelli! I LOVE Francesca Battistelli! She was AWESOME! She sang the most beautiful song for us off of her new album! I loved it! She also played the Ukulele in her new song "This is the Stuff!" It was really funny. Anway, you can listen to the song that I really liked here. (not my video)


David Crowder band was up next! They were really fun! Especially cause at the end of there show they were like "Christians, Jesus Lovers, there's something we need to do together, you're all southern, so here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna hoedown together!" Which immediately led to tapping toes and clapping hands as they sang "I Saw the Light". It was really fun! (not my picture)

Intermission was after David Crowder Band, so I got a slice of pizza. It was yummy :o) As we ate, Tony Nolan talked. He's there to bring people to Christ, but since my whole family already believes in Jesus, we already knew everything that he said. (not my picture)

KJ-52 mostly did some inbetweeners, and not really an actual section of the show. He was really funny. After he sang a song, Kutless sang. They were good, and they had a cool setting. (not my pictures)


Finally was the Newsboys! They were the last band to perform, and they got to sing the most songs. They had some really cool special effects, including when the Bass player and the Keyboardist got up on those platforms and floated OVER the Audience! It was so awesome! (not my picture)
 
 But what really brought down the house....


...Was when Duncan, the drummer, did this. The is a video of when he performed at another Winter Jam show. I couldn't believe my eyes! It was practically the most amazing thing I have ever seen!

After the concert, we learned that Francesca Battistelli was going to do a signing! She's one of my favorite artists, so (of course) I hopped in line! It was very rushed, we were only allowed to have her sign one item per person, and we weren't allowed to take pictures with her. BUT I STILL ME FRANCESCA BATTISTELLI! I wanted to ask her the question that I have always wondered about her, which was how long did it take her to learn to spell her full name. I was really nervous\excited, so all I said was "Hi" and "Thank You".

Here's the T-shirt I got! As you can see, it says "Beautiful Beautiful" on it, which is my favorite Francesca Battistelli song (next to Angel By Your Side, but they didn't have any T-shirts that said that, and I hadn't even heard the song when I picked it out.)
And here's where she signed it!!! Did any of you go see Winter Jam? If so, please comment and tell me about it!



1 comment:

  1. I didn't see it, but it looks like you had a fun time! (shoot, I live in Tennessee too. I should've stopped by. XP)

    ~Leanna

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine