"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Friday, September 28, 2012

I have Officially Moved Into My Dance Studio...



... Well, not literally. But I kind of feel like that. I'm pretty much there all afternoon and evening on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Then on Saturdays I have classes and rehearsals all morning.

I am so sorry that I haven't been posting lately! I have just been really busy!!! My days pretty much go like this, school, get ready for dance, take class (or help teach), do more school inbetween classes, take more classes, go home, finish school. Let's just say, I only eat dinner with my family three days a week, and the rest of the time it's at dance. But not matter how exhausting it gets, I love what I do, and I could never give it up.

So here's what's going on!

  • Remember how every year the older girls get to choreograph dances for the younger girls to be in at dance concert? (if you don't the link is right here!)... ....Well, this year I GET TO CHOREOGRAPH A DANCE! Yes, I get to choreograph a dance to be performed by other dancers on a proffessional stage in our dance concert. Lights, Costumes, it's all there!

  • We are working away on our Company numbers. Our Michael Buble jazz number is finished and AWESOME! We performed that one at the mall not to long ago, and it's pretty awesome. Our ballet number is really close. We actually might finish at rehearsal tomorrow. And by the way, I did end up getting the part in the battle scene. Our sticks are HUGE and I'm kind of afraid that I might knock someone out with mine... Also, we have been working on our pointe number which is so cute! It's kind of hard, but I know I can do it.

  • We are leaving for the Tennessee Association of Dance conference in 3 weeks! I'm so excited! That is the conference that we go to for a weekend in October. The senior company piles into a van, we drive up, stay in hotels for the weekend. And then all day Saturday we take master classes. Sunday morning is more master classes with a performance at the end. There is a scholarship audition to receive a $500 summer study scholarship that I will be auditioning for. I don't think this is the year that I'll receive a scholarship, but it will be great practice. We will perform our Michael Buble dance, and not to mention take some fabulous classes.


I'll do some of this...
 
And this...
 
A little of this...
 
And even some of this!!!!
 
 
 
P.S. These are not my photos, and I give full credit to the owners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine