"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Let the Choreography Begin...

First off, I'd like to apologize for having the lamest post titles ever.


So like I said in my last post, I have been given the INCREDIBLE opportunity to choreograph a dance to be in our upcoming concert! Well, I had my first rehearsal on Saturday, and it was amazing!

We had our Student Piece auditions two weeks ago. We had about 16 people come to the audition, plus girls who couldn't make the audition and our fellow choreographers to choose from. That was a total of about 25 incredibly talented girls!

The auditions were a lot of fun, the way they are set up, is one girl is in charge of doing warmup and some across the floor. Then we get a chance to have them do a couple things at our own request, such as a combination, improvising, etc. I asked the girls to get in pairs and dance in a way to show how much they love there partner, then I told the girls to dance in a way to pretend like they hate eachother. They all really enjoyed it, and were very good! I also had the girls improvise across the floor and do whatever big movements they wanted.

Well, after the auditions, the other choreographers and I got together and we chose our dancers. It was very hard, because we added up all the spots in each of our pieces together, and came out to a total of 19. 25 girls wanting to be a piece, 19 spots available. The good news was that there are two girls who are choreographing a hiphop piece together, and using everybody, but I still felt bad that not everybody got picked for a modern dance.

But anyway, I picked my dancers and claimed by time slot at the studio, and then I went home an sent the e-mail to my girls....


The rest of the story coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine