"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Thursday, October 18, 2012

And it continues...

 My piece is very complicated. I want to do something creative, yet relatable. All the pieces MUST have a concept, and here is my concept:


The basic idea plays off of the expression "less is more", in the form that it is better to have one really great friend who cares a lot about you than it is to have a bunch of friends who don't truly care much for you.

But how I'm portraying it is complicated. It's hard enough to say, much less type out. Imagine this, I have the lighting done so that there is a vertical line going right down the center of the stage. I have a girl come out on stage left (we'll call her person A) and a person come out on stage right (person B). They both do a little combination staying on their own sides of the stage (having nothing to do with eachother). Then person A has one friend come out and dance with her while person B has four friends come out a dance with her. Later in the dance, person B's friends start ganging up on her and eventually leave her, while person A and her friend stay together happily. In the end, person B is left all alone on her side of the stage while person A still has her friend.

So that's the concept. Did that make any sense? Oh well, I hope so....

The next post will talk about my rehearsal.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine