"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Best Way to do a Double Pirouette!

I'm such a genius! I did a GREAT double pirouette yesterday! Here's how to do a good one:

Do the combination your teacher is telling you to do, when you get to the double, forget that it is a double and remember half way through the first rotation, then keep going, and land once you've gone around twice!!!

This works for me!

I know, that was a short, lame post, I have something better to post about soon, but I'm waiting for an e-mail.

2 comments:

  1. Jazz or ballet pirouette?? I can do a double ballet, but keeping the knee in during jazz throws me off...

    On Thursday, we were trying to do as many as possible. I did one perfect triple pirouette in ballet, and of course.. my teacher was turned around... :(

    ~hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate it when that happens? My ballet teacher has a story about doing 6 rotation andedon (sp?) pirouette, and nobody saw him. Nobody believed him either, and he was never able to do it again.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine