"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Modern Teacher!

So..... You read the title, that's the biggest news! I'll talk about that in a moment!

First of all, I had my first OFFICIAL Jazz class yesterday. It was hard! I was the only one this year who has never taken jazz, so I felt a little out of place because I didn't know most of the things we did. I'll get used to it, I'm not the first person ever to start jazz at the age of 12.

Anyway, back to modern! So we have a new teacher! I already knew her though, because she taught joint care at dance intensive. It was really fun!!! We did  lots of fun combinations! There was one in particular that I liked, where we did a handstand (type thing)! We also got our first comp assignment! We have to choreograph 20-30 seconds of movement that goes across the floor! I'll tell you how that goes in a few days!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine