"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tap your heart out....

Well then.... Where to begin... I guess at ballet. It was my easiest class which I did in deshanked pointe shoes. That's about it.

MOVING ON!!!!

TAP!!! WOW, what can I say? Well remember this post? I'd been praying that my class would move up into advanced tap a lot. I didn't really WANT to be in advanced, but I DID want to make my teacher proud. So finally the big day came. We had a 15 minute break in between classes. We were all to nervous to eat whatever snack our moms shoved into our bags. We go in and.....

FORGET THE ADVANCED!!!! It was a VERY hard class. I felt bad for the three younger girls. They looked like they were having a very hard time (I gave them lots of hugs and high fives in the process). Despite being very hard though, we had so so so so so so so so so so much FUN! I really like my new teacher, but I'm really gonna miss my old one. I think the new one likes me :D, she told that:
  1. She liked my honesty, when we were going around saying our name, she said "Can I call you Jabber?" and I said "NO!" very quickly. Then she said "I really like your honesty"
  2. She liked how are I concentrated, we were doing triplets (tap triplets, NOT modern triplets) and she told me and the other girl I was with that she really liked how focused we were!
  3. She thought I my pull backs were really good. First she said singles, then she after I did 2 singles, she said one foot, I did 2 then she said other foot, then she quickly said changing, then I did a few of those, and then she taught me a new move (a hard one to), and then I did it, and she said "You are to good at these! I need to find you more to do!"
I think that even though we didn't move up, our old teacher would still be VERY proud of us.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

    ♥Jasmine