"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'm spinning again!

First of all! I did come up with some choreography for my "signature line". My teacher LOVED it!

And when I say I'm spinning, I do not mean spinning, I simply mean "turning." We don't spin in ballet, just turn. And yes! I have been turning! In fact, today in ballet we started DOUBLE PIROUETTES!!!!!!!!!!! My teacher said that my first double was really good! :D I very happy that he thought it was so nice, because I generally don't like doing them, nor am I very good at them. (HEY! IF YOU ARE A NON-DANCER, AND LAUGHING, I WANT TO SEE YOU DO A DOUBLE ROTATION ON ONE FOOT KEEPING PROPER ALIGNMENT!!!)

OH! And pointe is going very well! We got to do 3 center combinations today! One was really hard! It was 8 counts of bourrees while doing 1st port de bras! (bare with me if you don't understand!) It was difficult! But I managed (somehow.)

Modern was awesome again this week! I'm the youngest, which I love! I find it special being the youngest because it means I'm the best at that style for my age! We got to do my favorite combination!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine