"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Have Yourself, A Merry Little Christmas NOW!

I got tagged on Sammy's Blog for this awesome Christmas tag!


1.What is your one favorite dish to see on the table at Christmas dinner? ROLLLLLLLLLLS!!!!


2.Do you have a Nativity scene or a creche? How many pieces does it have? Yes, it has baby Jesus (duh), Mary, Joseph, 3 wise men, 2 sheperds, 2 sheep, the manger, and the angel.


3.What is your favorite Christmas movie? Miracle on 34th Street


4.If you and your family could spend this Christmas in another country, where would you go? Italy! And we would have spaghetti for breakfast and lunch and dinner AAAAAAAAAND dessert!


5.Does your grandmother usually knit you something for Christmas, or does she give you something different -- say, a Wii? My Grandma gives me my AG magazine subscription!


6.Have you ever gone out of the house wearing a reindeer headband? Nope


7.Do you usually make or buy your Christmas gifts? Usually I make something for my dance teachers (I knit one teacher a scarf, one a coffee cozey, and one a crocheted snowflake), and buy for my family


8.When do you set up your Christmas decorations? When do you take them down? Usually two weeks before Christmas and a week after Christmas.


9.What kind of activities does your church usually have at Christmas? We had a pancake christmas party at youth last week (toppings included whipped cream, chocolate syrup, M&Ms, Jelly Beans, and Sprinkles!), we do an advent craft workshop (where you either make an advent wreath or a Jesse tree banner), and Christmas Eve services.

10.Did you ever believe in Santa Claus as a child? Yup! Want to here a funny story? (I'll take that as a yes!) When I was in like, 2nd grade, I made presents for my family, and woke up at like, 11:00 to put them under the tree. So I get to the top of our steps, and look down into our living room, seeing none other than my parents putting our Christmas presents under the tree! That's how I found out that Santa wasn't real!


11.What Gospel gives your favorite account of the Christmas story? Luke! (Luke 2 to be exact!)


12.Have you ever acted in a Christmas pageant? What part did you play? My church does a kids Choir that I was in from pre-school through first grade (then they stopped doing them, but they've started again this year) and at my old "homeschool enrichment program" we did Christmas plays, in 4th grade, we did It All Happened in the Country, and my class sang a song about what Christmas is like in the city (I got to be a ballerina!), and then the next year, we did A Stranger in a Manger, and we sang a song about when the angels came to the sheperds. The whole play was like Dr. Seuss, and really cute!


13.Do you buy Christmas presents for your pets? Explain to me what I would buy for my goldfish...


14.What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Every year, my extended family gets together and we play a game called Christmas Bing (our equivelent to dirty Santa). It's where everybody buys and wraps a bunch of cheap $1-2 presents and we put them in the middle. Then, when someone gets a Bingo, they get to pick a present out of the middle. When all the presents are gone, we start stealing them! Then when we've gone through all the calls, we open them, and trade them!
 
 
 
 
I tag anyone who wants to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine