"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

DANCE INTENSIVE- DAY 3

So, today I had Ballet, Deep Stretch, and Repertory.

Ballet was like any other class (but good), and Deep Stretch was also pretty basic but good.

Rep however, was cool, challenging, and fun. Repertory is where you learn REAL choreography. This year, we are learning a piece from a modern ballet called Graph. We watched three pieces from it, and I cannot even BEGIN to tell you about how amazing Graph is!

So we are learning a piece from graph, and there are girl parts and boy parts in it... I'm a BOY! I like the boy part better anyway.... Nobody really knows that you are supposed to be a boy...

What's cool though, is that we are learning the dance the way companies learn choreography... going back and forth referring to a video tape... IT'S HARD!

I can't wait for Rep again on Friday! I have Ballet, Imagery For Dance (NO CLUE what that is), and Joint Care tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine