"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011- Dance Intensive Day 1

  Dance intensive today was sooooooooo much fun!!! Here was today's schedule:

10:00-11:00, Feldenkrais
11:00-12:30, Jazz
12:30-1:00,  LUNCH!
1:00-2:30, Ballet
2:30-3:30, Pointe

So let's go through the day... Starting with Feldenkrais... Feldenkrais is basically like pilates, only slower, and you don't work very hard. The idea is to "Do less than you can". I'm not gonna try to explain the point of it, but mostly, it teaches body awareness. It felt really good and relaxing, but in my opinion, it was rather boring. We just layed on the floor and did really slow motions and suttle motions. Like I said though, it felt soooo good when we stood up!

And then, we had Jazz. We had a slightly different warm-up, which is always fun! Then we went across the floor. Finally, we worked on a combination for the "Last Day Demonstration." It was sooo fun! I'm gonna try to figure out the name of the song.

Then we had lunch break, and we, well, ate lunch...

Finally, we had ballet\pointe class. It's really hard to do a good balance for ballet class level wise, cause we have everyone from Ballet 3-Ballet 6 which is a HUUUUGE difference...  We still managed to have a good class though :). Then we got to have pointe class. I got to use my new pointe shoes :D

That's all I have for today, I'll try to post again tomorrow....


P.S. SNEAK PEEK at tomorrow's classes: Pilates, Hip Hop, Jazz, and Indian Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine