"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 13, 2011- Dance Intensive Day 3

So yesterday's schedule was...

10:00-11:30, Modern
11:30-12:00, Lunch
12:00-1:00, Pilates
1:00-2:30, Ballet
2:30-3:00, Pointe

Modern was fairly hard. The director of the studio taught, and she is INCREDIBLY smart. She's good at catching the tiniest details (mostly she corrects on alignment). We had a long lecture on the pelvis being aligned... However, I was quite proud when she told me that my left split had improved a lot since when she first taught me! When I was in 5th grade, I could do my right split really well, and my left split not so well, but she said that I looked even! YAY!

Then we ate lunch, YUMMY! We talked about our pets for the most part.

During Pilates, we had to use this thing called a magic circle (image below...)
(not my picture)
...We had to put it inbetween our knees and try to push our knees together, and it makes your hamstrings and quadraceps shake all over, and it hurts like crazy...!

Then in ballet, after doing the awful magic circle thingy, we asked our teacher if we could skip plies... he said no, I didn't expect him to say yes. We had no energy when we started, but were filled with it by the end of pointe! During Pointe, we have an odd set up:

So basically, we all stand at the barres. Since we are all different levels, during certain combinations, the higher leveled people (like me!), get to go in the center (the area of awesomeness), and do the combos without the barre! We call it the ballet corral, cause it looks like the barres are fences and we are stuck inside!

So that's all for now, I will do a post about today's classes later!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine