"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summer is TO MUCH FUN!

Wow! I apologize for not posting lately! Summer has been to much fun! Dance Intensive ended well! I'm looking forward to what next summer brings, whether I'm still doing the studio intensive, or going away! Not to brag or anything, but I rocked out the Jazz dance, I was put in the (staggered) front and center which was impressive since I'm normally in the back due to my tall height (I'm nearly 5' 8").  I also pulled off several mighty fine triple pirrouettes!

As for the rest of the summer? IT'S OVER! We started back at school on Monday :'(. My mom had us just do Math, History, and Literature this week to ease back in. I'm going to continue to have an easy schedule up until the end of Company Camp.

So, like I just said, COMPANY CAMP IS NEXT WEEK! As a reminder for those of you who don't know what that is. My dance studio has a program for the more dedicated students where you get to perform in fairs and festivals around Tennessee. You have to audition to get in. There are 18 of us in the group that is Ballet 4 and up, and a zillion of the Ballet 3x and unders. The older group also is the group of dancers who get to represent our Studio at TAD (which is a conference that dancers in Tennessee get to attend!).

All that to say, we have our four day camp this coming week! At the camp, we learn our choreography that we will be performing! I'll try to update you on that camp on Monday.

P.S. Welcome back Cbox!

1 comment:

  1. You are still lucky to be home schooled early though! I'm not and I start in about a week and a day. :-(

    Have fun at camp!
    ~Leanna

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine