"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Monday, May 21, 2012

The 12 Days of Recital- Day 2


So this week is our last week of normal classes. Well, normal isn't quite the right thing to say, because we aren't really doing a normal class. It's just on our normal class schedule. So Monday's are my long day. Here's my schedule:

3:30-5:00: Ballet 4x
5:00-5:30: Pointe 3
5:30-6:45: Dinner\Relax break
6:45-7:30: Assist Tap 1
7:30-9:00: Pointe 5 + Duet Rehearsal

So anyway, the way classes go is for all the months up until end of February\Beginning of March, we do a full class (warmup\barre, across the floor, center, combinations, etc.). Then in March we start working on the recital dance for 15-20 minutes at the end of class. Once May hits, we warm up, and we work on the dance. The dance is all that really matters at this point. Some classes (like tap, and occasionally modern) we don't warmup at all. Like I said ALL ABOUT RECITAL!

Today we will probably do barre (LAST BALLET 4x BARRE OF THE YEAR!), and we will do our finishing cleaning touches on the dance. We've done pretty well with this dance, it's really long, it's actually 4 minutes long. I'm onstage for the entire 4 minutes! We probably won't do any Pointe 3 because we will be busy with the ballet 4x dance.

Today is also my last day to teach my Tap 1 girls. They are the most AMAZING kids I've ever taught. They are so happy, fun, hyper, and I'm tearing up a little bit thinking about them! Those kids respect me, like an adult, but love me like one of them. Watching beautiful little girls who are so young with so much dedication inspires me so much, and reminds me why I keep dancing.

Today is my last day of Pointe 5 this year! I'm so proud of how I've done. I got in this class because it wasn't filling up, so they invited me to try it out, even though it might be a little difficult. It was really hard, and I couldn't do the turns at full speed, and I always messed the combinations when I started this class 6 months ago. Now I can do the turns up to speed, and I don't mess up the combinations (at least not to often!). Unfortunately, our tap dance that we are doing with Tap 3 is looking a little bit messy, and we have to go to Tap 3 for rehearsal which is during the first 45 minutes of Pointe 5. I'm very sad that I have to miss most of Pointe, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!


Stay tuned for a new post tomorrow! Oh, and this is my 200th post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine