"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The 12 Days of Recital- Day 3


So we are now down to 9 days left. I'm not really sure what to say. Here's a little update on what's happening.

So last night we had a rehearsal for both Tap 3&4 together. That was an utter disaster from the beginning. See, I am technically supposed to be in Pointe during that tap rehearsal. So both teachers needed me (and a couple of other dancers) at the same time. Then partway through the rehearsal, our tap teacher decided that the spacing was off, because there were to many people in the front. So she decided to take me, who was originally on the end of the front row, and put me on the end in the back row. Well, the front row is Tap 4, and the middle and back rows are Tap 3. So basically, now I have learn and entirely different dance in 8 days (before dress rehearsal). I'm definitely dissapointed that I got demoted to the tap 3 part, after I've worked so hard on the tap 4 part. But I don't know if I'm going to be able to learn the new part.

Anyway, here's what today looks like. In about two hours I'm going to leave to teach my sweet Creative Movement kids for the last time. They are the silliest kids ever. I love them like crazy. Maybe I'll have some of them again next year. We'll just have to wait and see.

I also have the last Ballet 4 class that I will ever take this afternoon! That class I don't really do much. I mean, I'll do barre, but then I'll probably end up sitting in the corner for the rest of the time. I'm not doing that dance in recital, because I have to many quick changes to make it work, plus that was $65 my parents saved on costumes. We already had to pay $528 for costumes, tights, and two new pairs of shoes...


Stay tuned for a new post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine