"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The 12 Days of Recital- Day 11

 
I can't believe how quickly time is flying! It's crazy! It is really hard to believe that tomorrow is dress rehearsal, and I don't believe that the show is the day after.
 
But anywho, we had our very last modern class today. Last week was supposed to be the last class, except my teacher really wanted to have another class. So we did. My teacher for modern this year is so awesome. I have had many teachers in the past 11 years, and she is by far one of my favorites. She is just an amazing person, and made this year amazing. She loves to dance so much, and you can tell. She is so passionate about dancing AND teaching. She is full of happiness and joy, and gives her all  to us every week for an hour and a half.
 
Learning from her made me love to dance even more than ever. I really didn't think that was possible. It has changed all my opinions and plans for dance. I realized that I just didn't get the rush in ballet that I get in modern, even though I really like the technical aspect and dancing on pointe. She made me love modern. She was the one that really made me want to go into Contemporary Ballet as my focus. On top of that, she showed me a new way to look at dance. I now understand that there is a bigger picture to dance. Dance is more than learning technique, it is more than just performing onstage every night. It is art. It is expression. It is freedom. That is only a little bit of what I learned this year.
 
Next year she is moving away to go to the next chapter of her life at grad school. I am really sad to see her go, I've been crying like all day. However, she has changed all of us, left a mark on me, and I will carry a piece of her with me for the rest of my life.
 
Thank you Joy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine