"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Friday, May 24, 2013

The 12 Days of Recital- Day 6

 
Wow! Day 6, halfway through, AND we have exactly 1 week till the show!
 
So today is my last Jazz class of the year. My teacher said that since we are doing so well on our dance, that we might do a fun combination instead of work on the dance. I think that would be awesome, because with so much intense work on the show, we could use a little bit of a break from rehearsing. I'm also hoping (like during every Jazz class) for a long turn combination. I love the challenge of fouettes and turns in second. You can always do more and throw in a multiple turn or two.
 
Then I am subbing for another girl's class that she assists again tonight. I'm doing her Ballet 2 class. I love doing the Ballet 2 class. The teacher for that class is awesome. She is a senior in high school this year and a phenomenal dancer and teacher. I always learn from her when I assist in her class, and on top of that, the kids are great.
 
Finally, I have my last class with my precious Tap 2 girls. You may remember that last year, I had them in Tap 1, and I have gotten the privilege to work with them again this year. Assisting tap is a lot of fun, because it is a lot of one-on-one work. I spend a lot of time taking girls aside and helping them figure out a step or combination that they are having trouble with, or sometimes teach them a harder version if they are doing a really great job. They have worked so hard this year, and I am so proud of how far they have come. They are such hard workers. They are the kind of kid who will go home and practice until they get the step. It is so inspiring to watch kids who are able to focus and put everything they have into dance at such a young age. I know it always makes me work harder. 
 
So that's about all I have to say for today, but I will be sure to post again tomorrow after I take my LAST DANCE CLASS FOR THE YEAR!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine