"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The 12 Days of Recital- Day 3

 
Exactly one year ago today, one of the absolute most difficult situations I have ever been in happened. If you don't remember, you can go back and read days 3-5 of last year's "12 Days of Recital". I definitely left out some parts in that post, but it was for sure something that I took a really long time to get over. It was in tap class though, and my teacher just stuck me in a super difficult situation that wasn't necessary. This past year, things have gotten a lot better, and she has come to like me much more. Now I see her as a really great teacher and such a fun person. Last night, during our last tap class, she told us that she wasn't going to teach again next year. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. Even I cried. I was kind of confused though. This teacher hurt me so much yet I was still so sad to let her go.
 
And then it hit me. The end of this story, is that I had to go back for another rehearsal. That was the last thing I wanted to do. I considered taking myself out of that piece, and dropping out of tap altogether. But I didn't. I went back for the next rehearsal. I went back for the next year. I now know that day showed me that I have the perseverance and guts to do anything. Lately I have been doubting whether or not I have the skills, like dedication and perseverance to be a professional dancer someday. That class, though it was so tough, has tremendously impacted my life. I can now say I'm glad that it happened.
 
So on a completely different note, I had my last pointe class. This year for pointe, we changed teachers during the second semester. Well, I don't know where our normal teacher was last night, but my teacher from the first semester came and subbed! I was so excited to see her, because she was an incredible teacher. I learned so much from her. Last year, I got thrown into her advanced pointe class because they needed to fill the class. She got me from barely able to do a pique turn, to solid double pirouettes in 6 months. She really was a blessing, and I was so glad to have her come back and sub. It was a really great last class to look back and see how much progress I've made over the last year.
 
So that was my eventful night last night, today's schedule involves me going to the little kid's acting class to practice the part I do with them. And then my Jazz 6 class has to go to the Jazz 5 class to practice our dance together. Finally, we have our final rehearsal for our modern piece.
 
Be sure to check back for day 4 tomorrow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine