"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Monday, May 27, 2013

The 12 Days of Recital- Day 8

 
Whoops! Sorry I didn't get this post done yesterday. I kept waiting for something interesting to happen, but it didn't.
 
It was obviously Sunday, so I didn't have a whole lot to do. I went to church, and I volunteered with the preschoolers. Normally I work with the 5 year olds, but they needed someone to help out with the 2 year olds, so I got moved. The 2's were pretty good to though. Very cute of course. Then I went to youth group for second service. We talked about not being so self-centered, and reaching out to people. Then they told us about some summer stuff. We are going to play a high school youth group game of Assassins. So basically for the entire summer, I have to carry around a water gun and sticky notes everywhere I go.
 
Then I came home and was lazy. But then my mom suggested that we watch this documentary called "Pina". It was about a modern dancer\choreographer. There were a lot of really great pieces in the movie. They did one with dirt, where they were literally rolling and dancing on a stage that was covered with an inch of dirt. Then there was another one where there was a giant rock that they used as a prop\set, and it was raining ON THE STAGE. It was super cool, and all the pieces were choreographically very thought provoking. If you really love dance, I definitely recommend that you watch it.
 
Of course, while watching it, I stretched. That was about it, I was really lazy. It was a really boring day. And since it's Memorial Day today, it shall be another lazy day.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine