"It's what I've always wanted to do, to show the laughter, the fun, the joy of dance." ~Martha Graham

Saturday, May 25, 2013

The 12 Days of Recital- Day 7

 
Last class today! Yes, it's true, my last class for the entire year, ballet 5, happened this morning. So like every year, I will give you my attendance count.
 
I missed 0 Pointe Classes
I missed 0 Tap Classes
I missed 0 Jazz Classes
I missed 0 Modern Classes
I missed 0 Ballet Classes
 
Which means for the first time EVER, I had perfect attendance the entire year. I am quite proud of myself, you see I keep testing myself to see if I have what it takes to be a professional dancer. I was just testing myself on dedication by trying to make perfect attendance. Now I can check it off.
 
Anyway, we were missing a lot of people today because literally everybody was graduating today. I'm going to be so sad when all our older girls leave. They are the most amazing people, and I have learned so much from them. They all treat the lower classes so well, and never act all sophisticated and high over the rest of us because they are seniors. They have been such a blessing to me and all of the girls in our company, and we will miss them dearly.
 
Apart from a small class, ballet was good. We did barre, adagio in the center, and then went into our dance. Our dance (the carousel) is really pretty. It is definitely one of my favorites in the show. We ended up getting done early, because our dance was looking so nice, that we didn't need anymore rehearsal time.
 
Then I practiced my fouettes en pointe. One of my new year's resolutions is 8 fouettes en pointe. I did 4 today, and they felt really good, so hopefully I will make my goal by the end of the year!
 
Be sure to check back tomorrow for day 8!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

♥Jasmine